35 Carbon Gravel X-Wide Oil Slick Wheelset (700c, XDR)
These are awfully special wheels. Hunt's newest, widest, and strongest gravel wheelset with prismatic "oil slick" spokes. Hit the rough stuff with confidence (and look good doing it) thanks to a super-wide rim optimized for tires around 40c. Find them on our custom J.Guillem Atalaya gravel bike builds.
Thanks to disc brakes, the line between road and off-road has been well and truly blurred. Many of us now rightly see bikes as our keys to freedom; the freedom to roam, find undiscovered routes, and just have a blast. We want to go fast on roads, but often the routes we want to ride also lead to the paths less travelled.
- Rims: Super-wide (30mm external, 23mm rim bed) unidirectional T24/30, with 3K weave re-enforced spoke holes. Disc-specific. 35mm deep, ultra-stiff and ready for the burliest of drop-bar off-roading.
- Tires: Tubeless-ready for lower weight & rolling resistance, featuring H_LOCK bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation. Also works excellently with clincher tires and tubes.
- Hubs: HUNT 4 Season Disc J-bend spoke hubs with extra bearing shielding. 5 degree RapidEngage 6-pawl freehub with SRAM XDR Driver. Centre-lock disc mount, 6-bolt disc adaptors included.
- Front: 12x100mm thru
- Rear: 12x142mm thru
Let's Talk Tire Pressure:
Click here to listen to a podcast exploring the science of why lower pressures were found to be faster by pro teams. Just because they feel faster doesn't mean that harder tires are faster- in fact they're generally slower and less efficient. Do not exceed:
- 40psi when used with 35-45mm tires
- 35psi when used with 46mm+ tires
100psi is more than enough for any rider on road. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tire.